High Valley Farm
High Valley Farm began on a nine-acre tract of land along Cheyenne Creek, just off Alsace Way. It was homesteaded in 1858, as asmall farm to grow rhubarb and asparagus. The original log cabin was built that same year.
Its twentieth-century history begins when Terrance J. Lilly of St. Paul, Minnesota purchased a portion of the acreage. Lilly’s son, Eugene, recovering from tuberculosis, created a livelihood on the property by raising and selling Irish wolfhounds. He then devised a series of ponds and began to raise Rocky Mountain trout. He turned the modest trout business into the famed High Valley Farm Pâté. In the 1980s the property was sold to the Loo family, the present owners.
This Tour will NOT be advertised to the public.