Built and occupied by Henry Russell Wray, a local businessman, civic leader and mining broker. Founder of the Colorado Springs Art Club which became the Broadmoor Art Academy.
Mr. Wray built this structure in 1894 and lived here with his family until 1907. Next residents were Clarence and Josephine L. Carpenter from Detroit. Josephine, a sister of Julie Lewis McMillan Penrose, donated the home and grounds to the Fine Arts Center when she moved to California in the 1930s. Prominent members of Grace Episcopal, the Carpenters donated the reredos which still today is a major part of the beauty of this church. FAC is planning to replace this historic building with forty parking spaces.