2019 CALENDAR of the HISTORIC PRESERVATION ALLIANCE OF COLORADO SPRINGS
Celebrating our 20th Anniversary! Please check back here often to confirm event times, locations and details. We look forward to seeing you, your family and friends.
Questions: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual Membership Meeting: January 10, 2019. 6:00 registration. 6:30 p.m. program. Free and open to all HPA members, and incoming members. First Lutheran Church Fellowship Hall, lower level, 1515 N. Cascade. Special guest presenter: Anna Cordova, Archaeologist, City of Colorado Springs. Refreshments. (Note: one new board member position will be voted on by the membership.)
Board of Directors Meetings: Held every 4th Wednesday evening, beginning at 6:00. Locations vary. Topic: Board business.
• January 23
• February 27
• March 27
• April 24
• May 22
• June 26
• July (No board meeting)
• August 28
• September 25
• October 23
• November 20
• December (No board meeting)
Winter Lecture Series trio will be held at the historic Penrose House, 1661 Mesa Ave. 6:00 registration. 6:30 presentation begins. SPACE IS LIMITED. We suggest early arrival.
• February 14 – Winter Lecture Series I, Penrose House. Presentation: “Julie and Spencer Penrose”
• March 21 – Winter Lecture Series II, Penrose House. Presentation: “The Tutt Family”
• April 4 – Winter Lecture Series III, Penrose House. Presentation: “The Penrose Legacy” (Includes a special tour of the Penrose House beginning at 5:00 p.m. Space limited to 30 people. RSVP required to AL Rohr in advance: 719.641.1542
• May 3 – 2nd Annual Pikes Peak Preservation Forum. All day conference on historic preservation. Grace and St. Stephens Church, 601 N. Tejon. Sponsorships are available.
• May 25 – Preservation Month Lecture/Walking Tour (time, details and theme to be announced)
• June 1 – Motor coach Field Trip to historic Boulder. All day. Paid advance reservations will be required. Details to be announced.
Summer Tours – 6:00 p.m. registration, 6:30 tours begin. Locations to be announced. Walking shoes and outdoor gear for unpredictable Colorado evenings is strongly urged.
• July 11, 18, 25
• August 1,8,15, 22, 29
• September 12 – (Tentative date!) Summer Tour committee thank you dinner (by invitation only)
• September 12 – Award nomination deadline to the HPA
• October 4 – Awards advisers site visits – all day
• October 16th – (Tentative date!) Wednesday evening – 18th Annual Awards Gala. Location to be announced. 5:30 Conversation and Cocktails. 6:30 program and dinner.
Special Regional Events:
- February 4-7 – Colorado Preservation, Inc.’s Saving Places Conference, Sheraton Downtown Denver Hotel
- October 8-12 – PastForward – the National Preservation Conference, Denver
- Workdays to be announced at Harlan Wolfe House and Tahama Spring!